Friday, November 7, 2008

Catching up

Okay so it's been a while since I posted. Things have been crazy. Brian and I went to the Carolina game on Sat...which was way fun, it always is. Then on sunday this nasty fever blister started to show up on my lip. Well for those of you that know me know this but last year in October I got this really bad migrane. Then my eye started twitching and my cheek felt kinda numb. So I went to the urgent care. The Dr gave me a shot of demerol and said that it was just the migrane giving me those symptoms. Told me to call the DR on monday if they were still there. So it was worse on Monday. My eye wouldn't close all the way when I blinked and when I would smile the left side of my face wouldn't move. Yes my first thought was stroke...at 24???? So I went back to the Dr. He sent me for a CT scan later that afternoon and when it was done and they saw that I had a brain that was normal they called the dr. I went back again the next day for him to try to figure out what it was. Well the next morning the symptons were worse. I had Bell's Palsy, which is temporary paralysis of the face. It lasted about 6 weeks and is caused from the same this as a fever blister. So when my fever blister showed up on Sunday I made sure to go and see the dr on Monday to start medication. So it looks like we caught it and it's healing with no signs of the Bell's Palsy again.
Then On Tuesday I can into work and our Human Resources people were here from NC. They let a lady go that had been here 11 years. They are doing cutbacks because of the way that the economy is going. Please pray for me that I might keep my job!!! It's really scary.
So that's kinda where I've been this past week :)

3 comments:

Libbi said...

Oh Jess, I will pray for you that you keep your job...these are frightening times for sure!! Glad you don't have to go through Bell's Palsy again..yuck yuck!! Take care sweet girl!

Anonymous said...

I love you!!! I hope you get to keep your job if its the right thing. I'm glad the Bell's Palsy didn't come back.

Leigh This Way said...

Preston just has an uncle, an aunt, and his dad have all lost their jobs recently. I hope that it doesn't happen to you! Glad that you're doing ok. I LOVE YOU!!